QUALIFIER PLACEMENTS FOR CONTRACTOR STATE LICENSING
WHAT IS A QUALIFIER?
Qualifiers are individuals in the construction and electrical industry that have the proven experience and test results to license a company through the state contractors board. In most states, a company cannot operate without a contractor license. To obtain a contractor’s license, the company must employ one individual to serve as a qualifying agent for their company. This person has the knowledge, years of experience (ranges from 4- 8 years, depending on the state), and skill (proven through a series of exams) to represent the company on its behalf with the contractor’s board.
- A qualifier can be an owner, officer of the company, employee, or other qualified individual.
- If the owner, officers, or employees of the business do not possess the experience needed to obtain a contractor license, qualifier placement can assist a company by bringing together an individual and company that allows the company to obtain a license so they can operate legally.
- Qualifier placement serves two purposes: the company can obtain a license faster so they can begin conducting business in the state. Secondly, qualifier placement provides a way for the owner, officers, or employees of the company to gain experience under the qualifier so they may one day sit for the exam and qualify the company themselves.
IS QUALIFIER PLACEMENT RIGHT FOR YOU?
NCL offers qualifier placement services for contractors for companies throughout the United States. Qualifier placement services are subject to state licensing laws and requirements.
- Qualifier placement services due to lack of experience or failure to pass the exam.
- Qualifier placement due to resignation of the current license holder
- Qualifier placement due to death of license holder