Hawaii Contractor License

Contractor State Licensing Assistance

Alarm, Fire, Electrical, and General Contracting License

Most contractor license classifications in Hawaii are regulated by the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. Hawaii contractor licensing can be an arduous process if not handled correctly. All applications must be approved prior to taking the exam. The deadline for approval is the 20th of each month prior to the exam. The 2015 exam schedule is listed here. Exams are administered by Prometric. 

NLC offers contractor licensing application assistance in Electrical, Burglar Alarm, and Construction license classifications. We offer over 25 years in the Electrical and Construction Licensing Industry. NCL has the knowledge, resources, and expertise to help get you licensed.


NCL can assist you with the following licensing classifications:

  • A General Engineering
  • B Building
  • C Specialty:
  • C-1 Acoustical and insulation contractor;
  • C-2  Mechanical insulation contractor;
  • C-3  Asphalt paving and surfacing contractor;
  • C-3a  Asphalt concrete patching, sealing, and striping contractor;
  • C-3b  Play court surfacing contractor;
  • C-4  Boiler, hot-water heating, and steam fitting contractor;
  • C-5  Cabinet, millwork, and carpentry remodeling and repairs contractor;
  • C-5a  Garage door and window shutters contractor;
  • C-5b  Siding application contractor;
  • C-6  Carpentry framing contractor;
  • C-7  Carpet laying contractor;
  • C-9  Cesspool contractor;
  • C-10  Scaffolding contractor;
  • C-12  Drywall contractor;
  • C-13  Electrical contractor;
  • C-14  Sign contractor;
  • C-15  Electronic systems contractor;
  • C-15a  Fire and burglar alarm contractor;
  • C-15b  Telecommunications contractor;
  • C-16 Elevator contractor;
  • C-16a Conveyor systems contractor;
  • C-17 Excavating, grading, and trenching contractor
  • C-19 Asbestos contractor;
  • C-20  Fire protection contractor;
  • C-20a Fire repressant systems contractor;
  • C-22a Glass tinting contractor;
  • C-23  Gunite contractor;
  • C-24  Building moving and wrecking contractor;
  • C-25  Institutional and commercial equipment contractor;
  • C-27 Landscaping contractor;
  • C-27a  Hydro mulching contractor;
  • C-27b  Tree trimming and removal contractor;
  • C-31 Masonry contractor;
  • C-31a  Cement concrete contractor;
  • C-31b  Stone masonry contractor;
  • C-31c  Refractory contractor;
  • C-31d  Tuckpointing and caulking contractor;
  • C-31e  Concrete cutting, drilling, sawing, coring, and pressure grouting contractor;
  • C-32 Ornamental, guardrail, and fencing contractor; C-32a Wood and vinyl fencing contractor;
  • C-33 Painting and decorating contractor;
  • C-33a  Wall coverings contractor;
  • C-33b  Taping contractor;
  • C-33c  Surface treatment contractor;
  • C-34  Soil stabilization contractor;
  • C-35  Pile driving, pile and caisson drilling, and foundation contractor;
  • C-36  Plastering contractor;
  • C-36a Lathing contractor; C-37 Plumbing contractor;
  • C-37a  Sewer and drain line contractor;
  • C-37b  Irrigation and lawn sprinkler systems contractor;
  • C-37c  Vacuum and air systems contractor;
  • C-37d  Water chlorination and sanitation contractor;
  • C-37e  Treatment and pumping facilities contractor;
  • C-37f  Fuel dispensing contractor;
  • C-38 Post tensioning contractor;
  • C-40 Refrigeration contractor;
  • C-40a Prefabricated refrigerator panels contractor; C-41 Reinforcing steel contractor;
  • C-42 Roofing contractor;
  • C-42a  Aluminum and other metal shingles contractor;
  • C-42b  Wood shingles and wood shakes contractor;
  • C-42c  Concrete and clay tile contractor;
  • C-42e Urethane foam contractor;
  • C-42g Roof coatings contractor;
  • C-43 Sewer, sewage disposal, drain, and pipe laying contractor;
  • C-43a Reconditioning and repairing pipeline contractor;
  • C-44 Sheet metal contractor;
  • C-44a  Gutters contractor;
  • C-44b  Awnings and patio cover contractor;
  • C-48 Structural steel contractor; C-48a Steel door contractor;
    C-49 Swimming pool contractor;
  • C-49a  Swimming pool service contractor;
  • C-49b  Hot tub and pool contractor;
  • C-51 Tile contractor;
  • C-51a  Cultured marble contractor;
  • C-51b  Terrazzo contractor;
  • C-52  Ventilating and air conditioning contractor;
  • C-53  Miscellaneous retail products contractor;
  • C-54  Interior design contractor;
  • C-55  Waterproofing contractor;
  • C-56  Welding contractor;
  • C-57  Well contractor;
  • C-57a  Pumps installation contractor;
  • C-57b  Injection well contractor;
  • C-60  Solar power systems contractor;
  • C-61  Solar energy systems contractor;
  • C-61a  Solar hot water systems contractor;
  • C-61b  Solar heating and cooling systems contractor;
  • C-62 Pole and line contractor;
  • C-62a Pole contractor;
  • C-63 High voltage electrical contractor; and
  • C-68 Classified specialist.
  • C-21  Flooring contractor;
  • C-22  Glazing and tinting contractor;



Licensing Boards
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs – Professional & Vocational Licensing

Call Nationwide Contractor Licensing at (954) 233-0222