California Contractors License

Do you need a Contractor License in California?

Contractors State License Board

Contractor licenses are regulated by the Contractors State License Board (CSLB). Construction and electrical licenses require an exam unless you meet exam waiver requirements. All exams are administered by the CSLB. A trade exam and business and law exam are required. Each applicant must meet experience requirements set by the board. Search Exam Study Guides.

Reciprocity is available to license holders in Arizona, Nevada, Louisiana and Utah for certain classifications. All applicants must have held their license for a minimum of 5 years. 

Obtaining a California Contractors License is often time-consuming a difficult. Call the License Application Experts to handle the Process for you!

NCL can assist you with the following licensing classifications:

  • General Engineering Contractor
  • General Building Contractor
  • Residential Remodeling Contractor
  • Specialty Contractor
  • Insulation and Acoustical Contractor
  • Boiler, Hot Water Heating and Steam Fitting Contractor
  • Framing and Rough Carpentry Contractor
  • Cabinet, Millwork and Finish Carpentry Contractor
  • Low Voltage Systems Contractor
  • Concrete Contractor
  • Drywall Contractor
  • Electrical Contractor
  • Elevator Contractor
  • Earthwork and Paving Contractors
  • Fencing Contractor
  • Flooring and Floor Covering Contractors
  • Fire Protection Contractor
  • Glazing Contractor
  • Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Contractor
  • Building Moving/Demolition Contractor
  • Ornamental Metal Contractor
  • Lathing Contractor [repealed]
  • Landscaping Contractor
  • Lock and Security Equipment Contractor
  • Masonry Contractor
  • Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor
  • Parking and Highway Improvement Contractor
  • Painting and Decorating Contractor
  • Pipeline Contractor
  • Lathing and Plastering Contractor
  • Plumbing Contractor
  • Refrigeration Contractor
  • Roofing Contractor
  • Sanitation System Contractor
  • Sheet Metal Contractor
  • Sign Contractor
  • Solar Contractor
  • General Manufactured Housing Contractor
  • Reinforcing Steel Contractor
  • Structural Steel Contractor
  • Swimming Pool Contractor
  • Ceramic and Mosaic Tile Contractor
  • Water Conditioning Contractor
  • Water Well Drilling Contractor
  • Welding Contractor
  • Limited Specialty

Bureau of Security and Investigative Services

Alarm, CCTV and Access Control are regulated by the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. If your company installs, maintains, monitors any system used for the detection of intrusion, you must hold an Alarm Operator License.

Call Nationwide Contractor Licensing at (954) 233-0222

and Get Your California Contractors License Today!

Licensing Boards:

Contractors State License Board

Bureau of Investigative and Security Services

State Fire Marshal